It’s no secret that while air conditioners and AC maintenance in St. Petersburg involve a significant investment, they also provide a critical service during the hot Florida summers. As a result, the last thing homeowners need is a breakdown.
However, it may surprise you that many problems with air conditioners can be prevented through appropriate maintenance. At Total Air, our preventative maintenance checks will keep your air conditioner running like new.
Steps Owners Can Take
When it comes to the inside of a residence, many owners are rather diligent regarding cleaning. Unfortunately, the same maintenance isn’t always applied to the air conditioning unit, which can lead to issues down the road.
- Change filters: This is perhaps one of the simplest AC maintenance steps you can take to help your unit run smoothly. Filters can easily become clogged causing the air conditioner to work harder. This eventually will lead to an increase in your energy bills. During the cooling season, filters should be changed at least once every other month.
- Clean unit: With the unit sitting outside and forced to withstand the elements, it’s very easy for dirt to overwhelm the air conditioner. While the coil cleaning should be saved for the professionals, simply cleaning the area around the unit can make a difference.
- Be kind to your air conditioner: The summers in Florida can offer oppressive heat and air conditioners are left with continuous work. One of the easiest ways to perform AC maintenance in St. Petersburg on your own is to give your unit an occasional break. Don’t set your thermostat lower than 72, and if you will be gone for more than a few hours, set it even higher.
What Total Air Offers
Cooling your home can account for more than half of your monthly energy usage; which is why AC maintenance is so imperative. Such an important machine should be taken care of so it can run as efficiently as possible. At Total Air, we offer these benefits as part of our warranty:
- System Controls: Monitors whether the unit turns on and off correctly.
- Lubrication: Allows the moving parts to work without friction causing excess stress on the unit.
- Thermostat: Assures the unit is set to the most energy efficient settings.
- Refrigerant Check: Either too little or too much refrigerant can hamper cooling capacity.
For more information on all Total Air has to offer, call us at (727) 822-7700.