More and more Florida residents are opting to sell their 3,000 square foot house to move into tiny homes. However, even more Floridians like the idea, but are unsure of how they will fit everything they need into a home that is less than 500 square feet.
New Generation Builders knows how many benefits there are to be gained from downsizing, and they want to share some of their favorite design tips:
- Wall to floor storage. Not only will this break one room into two, but it allows for a lot more storage space. Opt for open storage, so you will always have a good reason to keep your shelves organized.
- Don’t waste any space. Have some open wall space? Make that a workspace with a computer and desk light. Or, add some more shelves and make it a bookshelf.
- Bathroom storage. Not enough room for storage in the bathroom is one of the top complaints of people in tiny homes. Use narrow shelves to storage items, and invest in nice looking canisters to hold smaller items.
- Don’t be afraid of multipurpose rooms. Whether it’s a living room that has a pull out bed or a bedroom that is an office during the day; designed correctly, multipurpose rooms can work perfectly and look great!
- Keep it light. Using both natural sunlight and lighter color hue will make a room seem larger and more open. New Generation Builders installs floor to ceiling windows in the form of sliding glass doors so you can enjoy the Florida sun all day long!
- Be creative! Look around and see what space isn’t being utilized. The key to not having clutter is giving each item a specific place. This way, everything is easy to clean and organize.
With the creativity and help of New Generation, more Florida residents are making the switch to live in tiny homes. These new designs offer monthly utility savings and a smaller carbon footprint; as long as you can stay organized, you will love your new home!
Call New Generation Builders today for more information at 800-759-4459.