As Florida residents are beginning to realize that their 5 bedroom homes are a little unnecessary, many are starting to contemplate downsizing. At New Generation Builders, we know that living in tiny homes can be a scary thought at first, but once you embrace it, we know you will see the benefits of living small. However, we are also aware that you may be wondering if you could handle living in a house less than 1,000 square feet.
Before making the drastic decision to downsize, consider these factors of living small:
- If you love the outdoors, tiny homes will not be that bad, simply because you will get to spend so much time outside. All of our homes come with sliding glass doors, so you can open them up and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather!
- Don’t worry about kids making a mess. When you live small, you will have much less clutter, and cleanup will be quick. There isn’t an option of leaving the mess in the living room until tomorrow, since the living room is also your dining room or bedroom.
- Many people think that our tiny homes are just for single people living alone. But, there are plenty of advantages of living small with a family. You will get to foster much closer environments, since there are only so many rooms to sit in. Also, when confined to less than 1,000 square feet, arguments will be resolved much quicker.
- When your mortgage and utility bills combined are less than some people’s rent, you will quickly be able to save money for the more important things in your life. In addition, it will be much easier to pay off your debt with such low monthly bills.
- While you may dread spending an entire day cleaning your 5 bedroom Florida home, cleaning your smaller house will take an hour, tops. This leaves you with plenty of free time to enjoy doing the things you love!
At New Generation Builders, we know that tiny homes are not for everyone in Florida. But we also know that many people are pleasantly surprised by how much they enjoy living tiny! For more information, call us today at 800-759-4459.
No matter if your Tampa home already has shingles and they need to be updated or repaired, or if you would like to install them on your new home, hiring the right shingle roofing company is crucial. This material should last for 35-50 years, and it is quite an investment, so you don’t want second rate contractors doing a poor job. At Done Rite Roofing, we only have one thing to say: if you want it done right, call DONE RITE!
Before you hire a Tampa shingle roofing company, here are some important questions to ask first:
- Can I have a free estimate and inspection? You don’t want to hire a company that only gives verbal estimates or that gives them out over the phone without ever seeing your home. The only accurate way to know what work needs to be done and how much it will cost is by looking at your home from above. And the only way you can protect yourself from price increases is with a written estimate.
- Are all of your contractors licensed and insured? Here in Tampa, it is against the law for contractors to not have a license. Without it, you cannot be sure that they will know exactly what they are doing as they work on the largest part of your home. And, should something go wrong, insurance is the only way for you to be protected from lawsuits.
- Do you clean up afterwards? Your shingle roofing company should always clean up after themselves. Otherwise, your lawn will be full of extra pieces of old and new shingles and dangerous nails that can hide in the grass. The best companies will always clean up after the job is complete, and after each day of working.
- Will you remove the old shingles or just put the new ones on top? The answer to this will vary, since each roof is different, but it is important to know the answer. You can put the new material right on top of the old one, only if there is just the one layer and it is still in good condition. If you already have more than one layer, they could become too heavy for your home, and poor quality will just cause problems.
If you are searching for the best shingle roofing company in the Tampa Bay, call the professionals at Done Rite today at 727-771-8747.
Building your Florida home with shipping containers has many advantages. Not only are they part of new trend that is gaining in popularity, but they are customizable and can be more cost effective than a traditional brick-and-mortar house. Whether you are currently residing in one or are debating it for your new dwelling, here are some ideas to help you make the most of it:
As families grow, they often find it necessary to expand their stick-built households. This results in the need for constructing new rooms or buying a new house all together. However, these modern creations allow owners to add on without the hassle since they require less work and in some cases, fewer to no permits. The same is true if you decide later on that you want to add an accessory to your shipping container home, such as a gym or a much needed pool to escape the Florida heat. Don’t feel limited to just one container, be imaginative!
One way to ensure you are not wasting any space is by having items that serve dual purposes. Some of these innovations can be as simple as using your roof as a deck or garden. Sometimes they can require a little more work, like having a bed that can fold into the wall to become a display center. This may require some out-of-the-box thinking, but there are many resources out there to help.
Know Your Options
Depending on where you live, you may want to add a special coat of paint to the exterior of your shipping container. If you are in Florida for example, it is a good idea to consider reflective paint. This will help to reflect the sun’s rays, keeping the interior cooler for less. There are also ceramic-based paints that can be used instead of insulation – they work for both warm and cool climates. Not only will they take less out of your wallet, but they won’t take any of your much needed space!
If you are looking to escape the cookie cutter look of modern-day suburbia, while enjoying an eco-friendly building, a shipping container home can help showcase your creative side. When you are ready to build your unique Florida home, call New Generation Builders at 800-759-4459.
The Benefits of Tiny Homes
More and more Tampa residents are starting to realize the potential benefits of tiny homes. Ten years ago, everyone wanted to live in a 3,000+ square foot house; and yet, recently, the average square footage for new homes is around 1,500. This is no surprise to us at New Generation Builders. We have known for years the amazing benefits you will receive from “living tiny.” Some of the ones we hear about most often include:
- Less expensive. Not only are they cheaper to build, but they are much less expensive to maintain as well. It will take much less energy to light it and for the AC to cool it, that your monthly bills could be less than $50! There is also a good chance that you will have little to no mortgage!
- Unique. Long gone are the days of cookie cutter Tampa Bay suburbia! With a shipping container creation from New Generation Builders, you will enjoy have a unique home that you were able to completely customize.
- Intimate. No matter if you live alone or with a family, one of the best benefits of tiny homes is how cozy and intimate they can feel. If you dread the time after dinner where each family member goes to a different room, this could be the perfect solution! And when you have less than 1000 square feet, you can’t stay mad at someone for long; your family will learn to forgive and forget.
- Less cleaning. No one looks at a large home and gets excited about spending the entire day cleaning it. With a tiny home, cleaning can take less than an hour! Some shipping container homes residents can do the job in less than 20 minutes. This leaves plenty of extra time to do things you actually enjoy!
If these benefits of tiny homes sound like something you would enjoy, contact us today at New Generation Builders. For years our talented staff has been creating small homes for everyone from bachelors to families of four. Check out the gallery to see some of our past creations.
For more information, call New Generation Builders of Tampa Bay today at 800-759-4459.
If you are looking for an experienced and qualified tile roofing company, look no further than Done Rite Roofing! Many Palm Harbor houses have tile roofs as opposed to shingles because they can withstand the intense heat the area is subject to, they are pest resistant, and they outlive other types with minimal care. Of course, the many benefits offered don’t outweigh the problems that could arise from neglecting maintenance.
What Should You Look For?
As an experienced tile roofing company, Done Rite has some tips for prolonging the lifespan of your surface and avoiding frequent and costly repairs. The most common problems to watch out for are buildup and broken tiles.
- Build Up: The frequent heat and humidity of Palm Harbor is particularly conducive to mildew, algae, and mold growth. As dirt and debris accumulate on the tiles, they become incubators for unwanted growth. The moisture in the air combined with the heat from direct sunlight cause spores to spread and sprout new growths rapidly. Regular visual inspections can help avoid this process. As you notice debris, dirt, and dust accumulating on your service, call a professional tile roofing company to help recommend or perform cleaning services.
- Broken Tiles: Finding broken or whole pieces in your yard is a sure sign that something is wrong. If you are able to safely climb a ladder, you can visually inspect your structure for missing pieces, cracks, or chips to avoid leaks and pest infestations that can occur when your surface is compromised. At Done Rite, we do not recommend climbing on to your home for this inspection or for any necessary repairs. It is so important to contact your local Palm Harbor professionals to avoid serious injuries and to avoid further breakages.
Let Done Rite Take Care of Your Tile Roof
As an experienced tile roofing company, Done Rite offers quality repairs and installation to anyone in the Palm Harbor area. We prioritize customer satisfaction, so we stand behind our work 100 percent.
If you’re interested in upgrading your home with a gorgeous new structure, or if you’re in need of major or minor repairs, give us a call today at (727) 771-8747.