If you have recently decided that it is time to tackle some home improvement projects, who better to turn to for advice than Clearwater’s best garage organization company? Most people make the mistake of assuming a quick clean-out of some of the miscellaneous items and re-organizing everything else into over-sized Tupperware bins will be enough to maximize the room’s efficiency.
But there are a number of changes you can make that will have a major impact on both the appearance and functionality of your garage. Everything from the wall shelves and cabinets, to the floor finishes can play a powerful role in its improvement, and Park Place Garage can help you every step of the way.
Tips from the Best Garage Organizers in Clearwater
If you still plan to keep your car(s) there, obviously you are a slightly more limited with what you can do with the space than people who prefer to park their vehicles outside. Either way, maximizing your wall space is a crucial part of making the room feel larger while being able to store more in there. There are a number of wall units and equipment that can help you enhance both the appearance and functionality of the four walls encompassing your garage:
- SlatWalls: These are a type of wall shelving that have slotted panels installed horizontally and use a tongue in groove system. With these you can use a wide arrangement of baskets, bins, hooks, and brackets that allow for complete versatility.
- Cabinets: One of the reasons we are considered the top garage organizers in Clearwater is because we offer custom cabinets that are designed around the particular tastes of our clients. Regardless of how you plan to use the cabinets, to store clothes or power tools, or to furnish a newly finished man cave, we can create unique cabinets that offer multiple uses.
- SafeRacks: Your storage space doesn’t need to end where eye level does. SafeRacks take advantage of the areas around the garage that are overhead. This is the perfect place to store equipment and items you don’t use often—such as seasonal clothing or camping gear.
Another service offered by Park Place in Clearwater for the best garage organization is Polyaspartic floor coating. While it won’t help with the clutter, this high performance coating application can greatly improve the overall appearance of your garage. It will also help by protecting the concrete from deteriorating and will keep it stain resistant.
If you are ready to completely transform this part of your Clearwater home for the better, give Park Place a call today for a free design and organization consultation: (727) 528-7569 (Pinellas) or (813) 380-6965 (Hillsborough).
Choosing a new garage floor finish in St. Petersburg can be difficult, but the choice between hiring a professional to do it and doing it yourself should be easy. DIY kits have become very popular these days, but unfortunately do not include all of the necessary equipment to get the job done right. A DIY garage floor will last 2-3 years, while a professionally done one can last up to 15, and then only requires the reapplication of a sealer to look like new.
Two of the main differences between DIY and professional grade garage floor finish in St. Petersburg are:
- Film Thickness: The film is designed to be a barrier between the concrete and the harmful elements in your garage. The thicker the barrier, the longer it will last. A DIY kit will provide about 1.5 miles per coat whereas professional grade will offer a thickness of 3-30 miles per coat, which is drastically thicker.
- Level of Surface Preparation: The longevity of any paint will depend on how well prepared the surface is. The only way to properly prepare concrete floor is to rough-up the surface, in order for the finish to have something to bond to. The only way to effectively prepare your floor is with a diamond grinder, which a professional company will certainly have. The DIY kits will assume that you will not have one, and recommend acid washing the floor instead. While the lower grade film may stick better on an inadequately prepared floor, its thinness will not allow it to have high durability.
While hiring a professional to install your garage floor finish in St. Petersburg can be a bit costly, it will be worth it when the finish lasts 15 years. A professional will also have materials that are quick drying, so within a day of installation, you will be able to drive on it. Using a DIY kit can take many days, simply because the materials are slow to dry.
Park Place Garage offers a garage floor finish in St. Petersburg that will give you a refined finish that is built to last. With a protective UV coating so it won’t fade, a wide variety of styles, and a 15 year warranty, they are sure you’ll be completely satisfied with their work. For more information, call us today at 727-528-7569.
Organizing your garage can be a very daunting task; originally used as a place to park our cars, our garages often and quickly transform into a catch-all for anything that doesn’t have a specific place to go in our homes. Whether its random tools, workout equipment, suitcases, or forgotten toys, garages get messy and unorganized fast! The task may seem discouraging, but if you follow these 4 simple steps, you can significantly improve the potential of the room.
- Take everything out and sort it. Instead of trying to sift through all of your things while they are piled up, take everything out of your garage and lay it out in piles to decide what you will keep, and what can be donated/thrown away.
- Use as much vertical space as possible. By installing shelves or cabinets, you will be able to stack everything while still keeping it accessible. This is extremely important if you plan on being able to park your car inside your garage without worrying about running something over.
- Designate zones. A key aspect of garage organization is to identify specific zones for your things, based on distinct categories. Keep the tools in one area, the holiday decorations in another, and the kid’s toys in another. By doing this, you ensure that your garage will stay organized long after you’ve finished.
- Label, label, label! Buy a label maker or even have a crafting day with your family to create fun and readable labels for everything. This way, once everything is in its place, you will be able to find it quickly, without having to open a ton of cabinet doors or looking through boxes.
Park Place Garage of Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, and Sarasota specialize in creating custom cabinets for your garage to help you on your road to garage organization. For a free quote, call them at (813) 380-6965 or (727) 528-7569 today.
The door to your kingdom is lifted, slowly and with grace. Each click of the metal and the chain working in unison to grant you entrance into your den. You take a moment to glance upon the tools on the workbench, the bikes hanging off the bike rack and are disappointed as you look down onto the floor. Your garage floor is stained yellow, lacks a glossy finish and has more chemical and tire stains than you can bear to handle. Then you remember your neighbor’s garage and recall why he chose Polyaspartic coating versus Epoxy coating.
Benefits of Polyaspartic Garage Floor Finish
Your garage will finally be the admiration of all others in the neighborhood after Park Place Garage is through with it. The benefits of polyaspartic coating versus epoxy coating are endless. Polyaspartic coating never yellows, has a clear finish, has high heat tolerance, is chemical resistant and maintains this finish far longer than epoxy coating. This coating also saves you time. Epoxy coating takes 3 to 5 days to dry versus polyaspartic which takes merely hours. You could wake up in the morning with disastrous garage floors and by bedtime sleep soundly knowing your garage can be once again used to its fullest potential.
With over 28 years of experience, Park Place Garage can be trusted with all your garage needs. Upon contacting Park Place Garage the team will discuss the benefits, in detail, of choosing polyaspartic coating versus epoxy coating. Park Place Garage has high expectations for its employees to treat costumers with respect and honesty in any situation, so a consultation will run smoothly and prove to be informative, once again saving you time and money. Applying polyaspartic coat to your garage is a difficult task and takes trained workers with experience to attain. Sit back and relax as a dependable team from Park Place Garage comes in and transforms your dreary garage to a kingdom with gleaming floors. For more information visit: http://www.parkplacegarage.com/what-we-do/garage-floors/
We all know that family that has a two car garage, and yet they have to park both cars outside each night because there is no room. Or perhaps this describes you! Regardless, Park Place can help by installing garage storage cabinets to allow you to reclaim your St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay, Clearwater, and Sarasota home! Their experts take into account exactly what your needs are, whether you need as much storage as possible, or extra countertop workspace. Not only will this increase storage space, they will also eliminate unnecessary clutter and help you organize your possessions. Imagine how nice it will be when you can access what you need without having to sift through piles of things.
For over 35 years Park Place has been creating practical storage spaces in St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay, Clearwater, and Sarasota. They use a specific material called Melamine that is half the cost of actual wood cabinets, and will not warp in Florida’s humidity. These cabinets have a flat exterior to reduce dust buildup for easy cleaning, and are resistant to chips and dents. These functional organizing systems do not sit directly on the ground, to reduce the chance of being ruined in the event of a flood. All of these factors combine make Melamine the perfect material for a garage workspace.
The Park Place employees are experts in organizing, and will sit down with you to discuss your options to ensure that you are getting exactly what you want and need. It’s time to reclaim your space from all of the clutter, and make room for your car to fit inside your St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay, Clearwater or Sarasota garage. Call Park Place Garage Service at (813) 380-6965 or (727) 528-7569 to get a free quote.