Whenever you have questions concerning your air conditioning or heating unit, it is best to turn to the pros and ask your local AC Company in Largo for answers. Technicians with years of experience will be able to guide you to find a solution to any of your HVAC problems.
Today we’re discussing the big topic of air conditioning filters. Changing them has almost become a subject of controversy, but we are determined to give you a real and final answer. If you ask a trustworthy AC company in Largo, you will be advised to change your filter between once 30 days to once every 90 days.
The reason this schedule varies is because each home has a different environment. Some people are more prone to allergens and pollutants than others; therefore, the frequency at which you need to renew the air filters will change. Here are three things that may have an impact on your filter’s lifespan
- Pets: If you have pets that shed, it is a good idea to go ahead and change your filter more regularly. As you probably know dogs and cats will shed a lot, which will add up in the filter.
- Allergies: While most of us love the spring because it means beach weather is on the way and flowers will be blooming soon, it also means allergies will start acting up for many of the residents of Largo. During this season where pollen is abundant and enters your home, changing your filter often is the best way to ensure you can manage these allergies.
- Cleaning: Vacuuming dust and loose dirt that accumulates around the filter can help them last longer. Check the directions before doing so, as you could damage it.
While you may think replacing filters every 60 or 90 days is too often and will require an important budget, take the time to think about the consequences of not replacing your filters. Replacing them is often a cheaper option compared to other expensive repairs your air conditioning unit would need later on, if they are left unchanged.
If you are looking for a reliable AC company in Largo to take care of your air conditioning unit, Total Air is the right company for you. Their 24 hour 7 days a week service is perfect for any emergencies you have! Give them a call today at 727-822-7700 to set up an appointment for any maintenance or repairs you may need.
When you are a resident of St. Petersburg, cooling your home in December is not uncommon, so it is crucial that your cooling system receives the very best AC maintenance available, even during the winter. If you know you are ready to turn off the AC for a couple months, you may be thinking about winterization. The process includes covering your unit after a complete checkup and cleaning. This also gives you the opportunity to take a look at the system and perform small repairs if needed.
For those, however, who know they will need a little cool air in St. Petersburg this winter, these 3 AC maintenance tips, received directly from the pros, will help you have a stress-free season, thanks to a reliable air conditioning unit:
- While the winter months mean fewer allergens will be present in the air, filters still need to be changed regularly.
- Did you know that leaky ducts can lose up to 30% of airflow? No one ever likes paying for something if it is not necessary, and that loss translates directly into more dollars on your monthly energy bill.
- Regardless the time of the year, dust accumulates in your home. The same happens within your air conditioning unit, especially in the coils. If not taken care of, the amount of dust will build up, and reduce your system’s capability to keep you cool.
Overall, the most important tip we can give you to ensure you get the most of your system, is to hire St. Petersburg experts to perform any work you may need. Only people with extensive knowledge will be able to provide you with the best AC maintenance.
Total Air has a team composed of the best AC maintenance providers around St. Petersburg. Their contractors have received intensive training to ensure they handle any work placing your needs first, and ensuring your full satisfaction with the services of Total Air.
If you have not had your seasonal maintenance performed yet, it is not too late to schedule an appointment. Find out more about Total Air’s comprehensive services and maintenance programs by giving them a call today at (727) 822 – 7700!
St. Petersburg’s temperature can be scorching at best, so it’s refreshing when you can retreat to your home to escape its climate. Because we spend so much time indoors, it’s important to know that the air you and your family are breathing isn’t harmful to their health. But don’t get discouraged. Most people don’t realize that with the proper AC services, there are certain steps you can take to make sure your home has the absolute best quality of air.
Indoor air containments
Indoor containments can enter your home in a lot of different ways, and once there, these can cause havoc on your family’s health by negatively affecting the quality of air you breathe. Before you can understand how to lessen their effects on your home, it is important to understand where they come from.
- Poor ventilation: Poor ventilation can make the amount of pollutants in the air rise as the resulting lack of fresh air cannot effectively dilute the containments. Fortunately, professional AC services can increase your home’s ventilation.
- Outdoor effects: Outdoor effects such as the weather (high humidity) can cause mold growth in your home, and difficult to detect radon gas is present in the rocks and soil of some locations.
- Interior furnishings: Paints, pressed wood, and building materials can release chemicals into the air..
- Household products: Products such as pesticides, hairspray, cleaning solutions, and even scented air fresheners contribute pollutants into the air.
- Combustion sources: Cigarette smoke is one of the highest causes harmful chemicals entering a home, as well as smoke from wood, and natural gas.
One of the most effective ways to improve your air quality level is one of the simplest AC services; regularly check your filter. A clogged and dirty air filter cannot remove any more impurities from the air. These filters help lessen or eliminate the amount of contaminants in the air; if they aren’t changed regularly there are a couple consequences such as:
- Certified filters can remove 99% of particulate matter, without them all of this matter will remain in your air.
- Aggravating asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Air conditioning systems and ducts will get dirty faster, requiring AC services sooner.
- Mold growth, and dust particles contaminating your indoor air quality.
Reducing pollutants in your indoor air
There are a few other steps that can be taken besides making sure your filters are up to par. The first thing that needs to be done, if applicable, is to remove the actual source of the pollutant; for example, switching to a natural cleaning solution instead of a chemically based one. Next, you’ll want to improve your ventilation to ensure fresh air is able to enter your residence. And finally you’ll want to evict the airborne particulate matter by regularly having air cleanings by a trusted St. Petersburg AC services company.
Total Air has certified technicians that will respond to your need for AC services 24/7. They offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and would be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have when you call (727) 822-7700.
When you start to need multiple air conditioning repair services in Clearwater, you might begin to wonder if it would be smarter to just buy a new one instead of dealing with constant break downs. Well, Total Air is here to help! While there is no universal answer to the question of whether you should restore or replace, there are some obvious signs that can help you decide.
Everyone wants to save money, and when faced with a broken unit, many Clearwater residents ask us whether repairs or replacement would be the more financially responsible choice. Signs that you should call for air conditioning repair include:
- Newer system. If your AC unit is relatively new, then opt for fixing it in order to get the most out of your investment.
- If you are going to be selling your house soon, it would be in your best interests to mend the unit instead of investing in a new one.
- 50% rule. If the cost of fixing it is less than half of the unit’s value, then fixing it will be better as long as you don’t need to call for services more than once a month.
- Often times, when your system isn’t exactly new anymore, but it isn’t old either, regular maintenance will help it to last longer and allow for minor fixes. Call your Clearwater AC company to ask how you can make sure your unit lasts as long as possible.
Installing a brand new AC unit is a large investment, which is why you should only do it when absolutely necessary. If your air conditioner is more than 15 years old, frequently breaks down during high use, or is more expensive to fix than to replace, you should consider installing a brand new one.
Total Air, Inc., offers high quality of air conditioning repair services in Clearwater, and their trained technicians will ensure that your AC unit runs efficiently for as long as possible. They offer affordable services and a preventative maintenance plan, which even includes discounts on parts. These technicians want you to be able to enjoy cool air, without emptying your wallet. For more information, call today at 727-822-7700.
Keeping up with air conditioning maintenance in St. Petersburg will not only save you from the stress of dealing with unexpected repairs, but it will ultimately save you money on cooling costs, as well. Summer is in full swing, and you don’t want to wake up sweating because your AC unit stopped working the day before temperatures are forecasted to reach above 90 degrees. Instead of waiting until something goes wrong to call an air conditioning repair company, regular maintenance will allow you to always be confident that your home will stay cool.
5 Benefits of Air Conditioning Maintenance:
- Better air quality: When the filters are not changed regularly, dust, dirt and mold are released into your home, causing your family to breathe in airborne toxins, which can result in allergies, asthma, or other serious health issues. A professional AC technician will know exactly when to change the filters to keep your home’s air as clean as possible.
- Lower repair costs: Instead of repairing the entire unit when it breaks, regular checkups allow you to replace specific smaller parts as they wear down. This will be cheaper, and keep your air conditioner running great.
- Reduced energy usage: Scheduled air conditioning maintenance in St. Petersburg keeps your AC unit running more efficiently, since there are no worn down parts. The better each individual part is maintained, the more efficiently the entire unit will run.
- Extended system life: Just like how regular oil changes and tire rotations keep your car running like new, regular maintenance will keep your air conditioner running like the first day you installed it, no matter how long you’ve had it.
- Reliable comfort: Once you know that every part in the unit is at its best, you know that your home will always be comfortable and cool, regardless of the temperature outside.
When it comes to air conditioning maintenance in St. Petersburg, the benefits are countless. Keeping your AC unit well maintained will keep your family breathing clean air, and your home cool all summer long. To get started with your maintenance plan today, call Total Air Inc. at 727-822-7700. Since 2003 Total Air has built a reputation for caring about their clients, while offering the highest quality of work by providing free estimates, 24/7 emergency services, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Call today to see how Total Air can help you!
In the thick of summer, the last situation you want to find yourself in is one that requires emergency AC repair. Having an efficient AC unit is not a luxury, but rather a necessity for the residents of Clearwater. Ideally, if something were to go wrong with your cooling system, you would be able to take care of the problem before it became a major issue. But people don’t always know what to look for. Red flags indicating something is wrong are often misinterpreted as normal symptoms to the untrained eye. At Total Air, we want to help you enjoy your summer to its fullest extent, which is why we are providing you with some information to help you self-assess your system.
4 Signs You Need AC Repair in Clearwater
- Delayed/warm airflow. One of the benefits to having an updated system is that you won’t have to wait for a considerable amount of time to pass before being able to feel the cool air pouring through the vents. While the solution to lukewarm air flow could be as simple as changing your filter, you might be better off replacing your system if it is outdated and inefficient. It is also possible the issue can be related to the blower, in which case your safest option will be to call for professional AC repair from the professionals at Total Air.
- Excessive Noise. At this day in age, there is no reason why you should have to put up with a loud air conditioner. Units today are designed specifically to give you cool, efficient airflow in a quiet and smooth manner. If you are constantly aware of the clinking and clanking of your system, chances are that means it is working harder than necessary to cool your home. Having an inspection and system check performed will tell you whether or not you have any loose or disconnected parts.
- Spike in utility bills. Of course, the cost of your utility bills is going to increase during the summer months when the use of the air conditioner is more than usual. But if you have not had AC repair in years or had air conditioning maintenance since last year, there is a very high chance you are paying more than you need to be every month on these bills. At Total Air, we can check for any leaks or inadequacies that may be present and causing you to waste air, energy and money.
- Strange odors. If you notice a strange smell emitting from the unit or vents every time you power your system on or off, it is important you call for an AC repair In Clearwater as soon as possible. This could indicate a number of things, but most commonly bacteria/mold growth in the system or that the insulation is becoming overheated. Neglecting to have this checked out could pose a serious safety issue.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, give Total Air a call today!
It’s no secret that while air conditioners and AC maintenance in St. Petersburg involve a significant investment, they also provide a critical service during the hot Florida summers. As a result, the last thing homeowners need is a breakdown.
However, it may surprise you that many problems with air conditioners can be prevented through appropriate maintenance. At Total Air, our preventative maintenance checks will keep your air conditioner running like new.
Steps Owners Can Take
When it comes to the inside of a residence, many owners are rather diligent regarding cleaning. Unfortunately, the same maintenance isn’t always applied to the air conditioning unit, which can lead to issues down the road.
- Change filters: This is perhaps one of the simplest AC maintenance steps you can take to help your unit run smoothly. Filters can easily become clogged causing the air conditioner to work harder. This eventually will lead to an increase in your energy bills. During the cooling season, filters should be changed at least once every other month.
- Clean unit: With the unit sitting outside and forced to withstand the elements, it’s very easy for dirt to overwhelm the air conditioner. While the coil cleaning should be saved for the professionals, simply cleaning the area around the unit can make a difference.
- Be kind to your air conditioner: The summers in Florida can offer oppressive heat and air conditioners are left with continuous work. One of the easiest ways to perform AC maintenance in St. Petersburg on your own is to give your unit an occasional break. Don’t set your thermostat lower than 72, and if you will be gone for more than a few hours, set it even higher.
What Total Air Offers
Cooling your home can account for more than half of your monthly energy usage; which is why AC maintenance is so imperative. Such an important machine should be taken care of so it can run as efficiently as possible. At Total Air, we offer these benefits as part of our warranty:
- System Controls: Monitors whether the unit turns on and off correctly.
- Lubrication: Allows the moving parts to work without friction causing excess stress on the unit.
- Thermostat: Assures the unit is set to the most energy efficient settings.
- Refrigerant Check: Either too little or too much refrigerant can hamper cooling capacity.
For more information on all Total Air has to offer, call us at (727) 822-7700.