St. Petersburg’s temperature can be scorching at best, so it’s refreshing when you can retreat to your home to escape its climate. Because we spend so much time indoors, it’s important to know that the air you and your family are breathing isn’t harmful to their health. But don’t get discouraged. Most people don’t realize that with the proper AC services, there are certain steps you can take to make sure your home has the absolute best quality of air.
Indoor air containments
Indoor containments can enter your home in a lot of different ways, and once there, these can cause havoc on your family’s health by negatively affecting the quality of air you breathe. Before you can understand how to lessen their effects on your home, it is important to understand where they come from.
- Poor ventilation: Poor ventilation can make the amount of pollutants in the air rise as the resulting lack of fresh air cannot effectively dilute the containments. Fortunately, professional AC services can increase your home’s ventilation.
- Outdoor effects: Outdoor effects such as the weather (high humidity) can cause mold growth in your home, and difficult to detect radon gas is present in the rocks and soil of some locations.
- Interior furnishings: Paints, pressed wood, and building materials can release chemicals into the air..
- Household products: Products such as pesticides, hairspray, cleaning solutions, and even scented air fresheners contribute pollutants into the air.
- Combustion sources: Cigarette smoke is one of the highest causes harmful chemicals entering a home, as well as smoke from wood, and natural gas.
One of the most effective ways to improve your air quality level is one of the simplest AC services; regularly check your filter. A clogged and dirty air filter cannot remove any more impurities from the air. These filters help lessen or eliminate the amount of contaminants in the air; if they aren’t changed regularly there are a couple consequences such as:
- Certified filters can remove 99% of particulate matter, without them all of this matter will remain in your air.
- Aggravating asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Air conditioning systems and ducts will get dirty faster, requiring AC services sooner.
- Mold growth, and dust particles contaminating your indoor air quality.
Reducing pollutants in your indoor air
There are a few other steps that can be taken besides making sure your filters are up to par. The first thing that needs to be done, if applicable, is to remove the actual source of the pollutant; for example, switching to a natural cleaning solution instead of a chemically based one. Next, you’ll want to improve your ventilation to ensure fresh air is able to enter your residence. And finally you’ll want to evict the airborne particulate matter by regularly having air cleanings by a trusted St. Petersburg AC services company.
Total Air has certified technicians that will respond to your need for AC services 24/7. They offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and would be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have when you call (727) 822-7700.