As Florida residents are beginning to realize that their 5 bedroom homes are a little unnecessary, many are starting to contemplate downsizing. At New Generation Builders, we know that living in tiny homes can be a scary thought at first, but once you embrace it, we know you will see the benefits of living small. However, we are also aware that you may be wondering if you could handle living in a house less than 1,000 square feet.
Before making the drastic decision to downsize, consider these factors of living small:
- If you love the outdoors, tiny homes will not be that bad, simply because you will get to spend so much time outside. All of our homes come with sliding glass doors, so you can open them up and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather!
- Don’t worry about kids making a mess. When you live small, you will have much less clutter, and cleanup will be quick. There isn’t an option of leaving the mess in the living room until tomorrow, since the living room is also your dining room or bedroom.
- Many people think that our tiny homes are just for single people living alone. But, there are plenty of advantages of living small with a family. You will get to foster much closer environments, since there are only so many rooms to sit in. Also, when confined to less than 1,000 square feet, arguments will be resolved much quicker.
- When your mortgage and utility bills combined are less than some people’s rent, you will quickly be able to save money for the more important things in your life. In addition, it will be much easier to pay off your debt with such low monthly bills.
- While you may dread spending an entire day cleaning your 5 bedroom Florida home, cleaning your smaller house will take an hour, tops. This leaves you with plenty of free time to enjoy doing the things you love!
At New Generation Builders, we know that tiny homes are not for everyone in Florida. But we also know that many people are pleasantly surprised by how much they enjoy living tiny! For more information, call us today at 800-759-4459.